Location: Smithfield, RI
Type: Contract W2
Duration: Contract to Hire
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the following full development lifecycle activities: Technical design, build, test and deployment of Teradata based DW applications.
- Responsible for Teradata based physical database design leveraging constructs such as Secondary/Join indexes, Statistics, and Partitioned Primary Indexes.
- Design and develop load processes using SQL & Teradata based load utilities (TPT, Fastload/Multiload) and queries for very large databases (100 TB+) with complex workloads and large transaction volumes.
- Utilize ELT based data transformation to apply complex business rules to transform source data.
- Work on identification and optimization of sub-optimal queries & load processes.
- Adoption of features/best practices introduced in newer versions of Teradata.
- Assist ETL & BI development teams in writing complex SQL in an efficient way leveraging Teradata best practices.
- Understand data and develop Subject matter expertise on complex applications. Review logical and physical data models to support complex end user dashboard/reports and queries.
- Drive and lead projects during the implementation, test and deploy phases.
- Proactively identify & mitigating technical issues. Work in a matrix environment consisting of Solution, Business Intelligence, Data Integration & Quality Assurance teams and successfully collaborate to meet the project objectives.
- Deploy solutions using version control systems like Subversion or PVCS-Metadata Management, Enterprise data security architecture and Data Warehouse best practices.
- Responsible for problem solving and troubleshooting design and development issues and providing appropriate solutions.
- Contribute to the review of test plans and test cases to ensure all requirements are covered and documents are thorough. Work with team leads and business analysts to provide support and contribute to preparing critical User Acceptance scenario.
- Assist in deploying and migrating products within the production environment. Serve as the subject matter expert for systems in production.
- A Master’s Degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field.
- Must have: 2 years of experience with Teradata including the following Teradata skills: Database Architecture, Utilities, SQL, Workload Analysis & Management, Security Implementation, Performance monitoring & Management, User Management, and Capacity Management.
- Will accept a Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of experience in lieu of a Master’s degree and 2 years of experience.