Location: Smithfield, RI
Type: Contract W2
Duration: Contract to Hire
As a Senior Oracle Data Warehouse Engineer, you will be part of the Retail Pharmacy Data Warehouse Team working closely with the Database Architect and Project Management team to develop and implement highly scalable systems. Additionally, the Senior Oracle Data Warehouse Engineer will Coach and mentor other Database Developers to provide technical leadership on development projects. This role allows you to evaluate and recommend new technologies and tools as well as work closely with Quality Assurance team to review test plans, assist in testing and defect resolution. As part of the Retail Pharmacy Data Warehouse Team, you will assist with the cleansing and maintenance of the databases, and provide suggestions for improvements as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Additional responsibilities of the Senior Oracle Data Warehouse Engineer include:
- Recommending and establishing quality standards.
- Facilitating the analysis and ensuring common understanding of operational and analytical business data requirements.
- Participating in data model review board discussions.
- Participating in and support design reviews and code walk throughs to ensure high quality deliverables
- Cooperating closely with the project teams to produce realistic effort estimates.
- Interfacing with upstream system architects, developers and program managers to resolve data issues and drive capture of data needed by business customers.
- 3+ years of related responsible experience working with large and complex data warehouse systems with hands-on experience.
- 3+ years experience designing and writing PL/SQL for Oracle databases.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in database and SQL performance tuning.
- 3+ years experience with full application development life cycle (analysis, architecture, design, development, testing and deployment).
- 3+ years experience working with multiple RDBMS and associated applications.
- 1+ years of hands-on experience in shell scripting.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
- Experience with Informatica.
- Experience with Teradata.
- Experience with the design and optimization of data models, queries, views to support data processing and reporting requirements.
- Experience with version control practices and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must also be able to work and learn independently.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize multiple competing projects.